This recipe hails from Craig’s Ruled Me Keto website.
- 12 strips Bacon
- 8 large Eggs
- 4 oz. Cheddar Cheese
- 3 oz. Cream Cheese
- 4 medium Jalapeno Peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Get all ingredients ready.
- Measure out all cheese and grate as needed.
- Prep the jalapenos by seeding and chopping them.
- Save 1 jalapeno that you can cut into rings as a garnish for the top. F.
- Par-cook bacon so it’s semi crisp but still pliable. Save bacon grease in the pan.
- Using a hand mixer, mix together eggs, cream cheese, chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers, leftover bacon grease, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease wells of muffin tin, then place par-cooked bacon around the edges.
- Pour egg mixture into the wells of the muffin tin. Make sure you only go about half-way to 2/3 way up as they rise quite a lot. Oh! This is the reason you only see 4 muffins in the following pictures – I overfilled the first batch of 12 and they turned into Frankenstein muffins.
- Add cheddar cheese on the top of the muffin, then a jalapeno. Cook at 375F for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven to let cool. They will slowly deflate and give you a great treat.
- Serve and enjoy!This makes a total of 12 Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups.
Each Egg Cup comes out to be 216 Calories, 19.3g Fats, 0.9g Net Carbs, and 9.6g Protein.